How SOKKA started
Kevin Keegan did not have easy route into the world of professional football, but like any other successful sportsperson his attitude, commitment, and dedication to many hours of daily practice and fitness improvement paid off in a career filled with great experience, honours and personal achievement.
A dream and vision began in his early career to capture the ingredients from his own extensive knowledge and experience as a footballer and as a manager which led not only to his success but the improvement that was necessary in terms of fitness, skill, awareness, balance and agility to get to the very top of his sport.
That experience and the benefits it can provide is now to be found in the SOKKA concept.
About Kevin Keegan
Kevin Keegan OBE is a former international footballer, and former manager of the England National football team and high profile English Premier League clubs; Newcastle United, Fulham and Manchester City.
As a football player, he is best known initially for his huge success as the star of the Liverpool dream team of the 70’s when he became a global sports star winning 3 First Division titles, 2 UEFA cups, 1 FA Cup and the European Cup. He also gained 63 caps for England, scoring 21 goals and captaining his country on 31 occasions. He moved to Germany’s Bundesliga in summer of 1977 to play for Hamburg. Kevin was an immediate success and was instrumental to Hamburg winning the Bundesliga title in 1978-79 for the first time in 19 years and reaching the European Cup Final the following year. It was his achievements on the pitch that saw him crowned the European Footballer of the Year in both 1978 and 1979. To date, the only English player to win this prestigious award twice. Kevin is regarded as one of the finest football players to have been produced by England.
As a football manager, Kevin found success with a number of top-flight English clubs as well as the England national team.
At each club, Kevin introduced a style of football play that was admired and respected across the football community.
SOKKA in the media
We are excited to say that SOKKA has already started to generate interest in the football community and our games were recently featured on FIFA Football Mundial. Here is a video of the boys from Malaysia trying out their football skills on the games and having great fun in the process. (Not to mention seeing Kevin Keegan and Peter Barnes working up a real sweat on the games!!)
Keep an eye out for more exciting news hitting the media!
- FOOTBALL is for anyone capable of kicking a ball. SOKKA provides an opportunity to play and enjoy the beautiful game, irrespective of age, gender, background or ability football.
- Lessons are best taught through FUN and by undertaking FUN activities. SOKKA delivers this fun through a series of measured challenges which in turn provides motivation.
- FITNESS is at the heart of wellbeing and good health. In today’s society of rising numbers of obesity, SOKKA provides the perfect football answer.
- At our core, we are passionate about creating simple football skill games that are fun and engaging. As a company we are passionate about keeping things simple and fun. We strive to be easy to work with by removing unnecessary complexities.
- Working together to make a difference. Teamwork is the very essence of football and therefore of SOKKA. By leveraging the strengths of our partners and suppliers, SOKKA will continually strive to create innovative and unique games, which in turn will make a difference to those learning the game or simply enjoying participation.